CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Big Book...Day 2

So now the kids are very anxious to get to our big book tomorrow.  They couldn't believe that we still did not read the book today.  I love keeping them in suspense!  Today we reviewed the different parts of a non-fiction book and discussed why we would read a non-fiction book.  We went back on a picture walk and discussed how many of the pictures had labels showing us the different parts of a whale.  On my wonderful drawing of a whale we recorded our labels.  We only had about 10 minutes today by the time we got to our book so I had to work really hard to stay on focus.  By the way...the kids loved the big Post Its too!!!  I almost feel like the kids in the class, I am so excited to get back and actually read our book tomorrow.  Come back tomorrow for a Day 3 update.  Toodles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment