CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Heart Day!

Well I hope everyone's day was filled with love and laughter!  My kiddos sure did put a huge smile on my face today.  It was so sweet to watch them pass out their valentines and be so kind to one another.  Reminded me why I wanted to be a teacher in the first place, even with all the other drama that can come with being a teacher.

Thank you Pinterest for feeding my addiction once again!  Here are the cute valentines I made for my lovely kiddos!  Click HERE for the Pinterest link.


Another wonderful idea from Pinterest...I made these for our 4th grade buddy class and for the kids to take home to their parents.  Click HERE for the Pinterest link.  I cut a slit above and below the hand and stick a sucker in the slot so it looks like the student is really holding the sucker.  The kids loved them and couldn't wait to give them to their buddies and parents.  Obviously I didn't actually put the heart on the faces.  ;)


We also used conversation hearts to create "Sweet Sentences."  I will have to take a picture on Thursday when I'm back to school since I forgot to do it today before I left.  I think they turned out really cute and funny.

Here is our Valentine's Day bulletin board .  You can find the heart template in our Valentine Freebies.  You can also download it from our Teachers Pay Teachers Store.







Yesterday we were anticipating our first BIG snow storm of the year, no snow day as a result.  It really wasn't anything to write home about.  It was a great learning opportunity though.  We were discussing cause and effect.  Below is a picture of the anchor chart we made.  I have to say that I know one kid understood the concept.  Today a student was warned many times about talking and continued to keep at it.  So I talked to the student and said he needed to move his behavior card.  He looked me in the face and said, "Well the effect was me moving my card and the cause was me talking."  LOVE IT!

Have a great Valentine's Day!  :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment